17th June 2021
A guaranteed crowd pleaser. You can now see all your Striive events on your favourite calendar app using our new iCal integration. Just go to account settings and copy your unique iCal URL to subscribe most calendar apps, including Google and iOS Calendars.
2nd June 2021
Fighting our previous release for the title of 'biggest ever system update'. Today marks the addition of our first round of membership management features. This means you can now use Striive to run almost any business model (or combinations thereof).
What's a membership?
A membership is a new way of selling your services in Striive. Clients can sign up to a recurring payment plan, where they will pay you a set amount every week, month or year to access your services. You can use this system to bill for anything you like, even services you don't provide through Striive. Just use us as the collection system. A membership can also include access to your classes if you want.
Naturally our memberships system plays nice with our existing delivery options, so if you want to you can facilitate pay as you go class enrolments, sell class passes and offer monthly memberships all within one Striive account. And with everything neatly linked into the client portal your clients have full access to subscribe/unsubscribe from your membership schemes at will.
There is more (of course)
Alongside this sizeable system update, we've also thrown in a few smaller improvements for you to enjoy:
- You can now ask Striive to send out class reminder emails to clients an hour before each class. These include the virtual meeting details (if applicable) so everyone knows where to be.
- We've made a new pre-class 'who's attending' email for you. Sent 15 minutes before each class is due to start, you can see at a glance who is supposed to be attending.
- We've made creating new class pass and session pack templates a bit more intuitive.
- Approximately 50 improvements to the client portal (design and usability) and a raft of minor bug fixes and enhancements across the system.
17th February 2021
Packages and class enrolments!
This is the biggest single update we've ever done (a characteristic matched by the length of this post) and it brings two big additions to the system. We know some of you have been waiting a long time for these.
The new packages section lets you create different service combinations that can then be 'assigned to' or 'purchased by' your clients. There are two main package types:
- Class passes: Give clients access to your classes with various options to limit which ones, how often, and for how much (amongst other things).
- Session packs: Offer clients a pre-determined amount of session time for a specific cost.
Purchase via Striive Payments
Packages can be assigned to clients by you, or they can buy them themselves. To use the latter option you'll need to have Striive Payments set up, which opens up the following opportunities:
- Portal: Clients can view your available packages and buy them directly from your Striive Portal.
- Invite: You can send clients an email invite to buy a class pass, and they are one click away from the promised land!
As you might expect, purchased packages will automatically appear inside your Striive account, assigned to the correct client, with the payment logged and included in your sales reports.
The second type of class is now here! We call them Private Classes which essentially means you organise them and control who attends.
Create a new class, specify all the details you'd expect (capacity, price, etc.) and your clients will be able to enrol, either paying the one-off rate, or by using their eligible class passes.
And there's more!
We also squeezed in a few smaller improvements which might take you a bit longer to notice:
- Bookings are now called session packs, and they have names (OK you probably noticed this one)
- The main navigation menus have a brand new design
- We've improved the time selector when creating session packs and packages
- Old classes you no-longer teach can now be archived!
16th February 2021
Redesigned client portal
With all the new functionality added over the last few months, the client portal was starting to look a bit untidy. We like to take a long term view here at Striive towers, so the decision was made to give the poor thing a complete overhaul.
As well as improving existing functionality, new elements have been introduced to complement our new package and class features:
- Clients can enrol onto your classes
- Clients can cancel their enrolments (with your cancellation policy enforced)
- Clients can browse and buy your packages
- Existing session payments, requesting and cancellation has been improved
17th November 2020
Striive Payments powered by Stripe
We're thrilled to announce the first release of our integrated online payment platform. We've called it Striive Payments and it uses Stripe (a major payment processor) to make receiving booking payments an absolute joy!
To get started you'll need to create yourself a Stripe account which becomes connected to your Striive account. This takes about 5 minutes. Just go to your account settings and beside your accepted payment methods you'll find the option to setup online payments.
Once setup, Striive payments gives all your clients the opportunity to make an online payment whenever they receive a booking confirmation or statement. They can also make payments against their outstanding balance from within your client portal (if enabled).
Whenever an online payment is received, it is automatically tracked against the correct booking and the payment appears within your Striive account. You'll never need to manually reconcile a payment again and your client debt reports are always 100% up-to-date!
2nd November 2020
Ending bookings early and support for negative balances
Today we released a major system update, however you'd be forgiven if you hadn't noticed. This is because most change occurred behind the scenes as part of a new feature build we are working on.
That said there are a few things to note:
- The add/edit payment screen has been completely rebuilt.
- A new button on active bookings lets you end the booking early with one click. Handy if a client deserts you half way through their booking, gets injured, or if, you know, your country goes into lockdown or something...
- The system now accepts and tracks negative client balances (meaning you owe the client money). A scenario made possible in part by point 2 above (although not exclusively).
- We've also made a number of improvements to the client sign-up and review screens, mostly in support of the PAR-Q now being an optional component you can enable in your account settings.
28th September 2020
Client session cancellation and session requests
Clients can now see your availability and make session requests from your portal. We only give them windows of opportunity based upon gaps in your schedule. No information about what you are doing is made available. Be sure to set your working days and working hours in settings to limit when they can request.
They can also cancel sessions from your client portal. Set your cancellation policy in your account settings and we'll enforce it for you. You'll get a notification so you know it's happened.
28th September 2020
An employer is a person or business that pays you to teach a class for them. This might be different to the classes location (especially in the case of virtual classes). Create an entry in the new Employers section and link them to their respective classes.
When you confirm class fees, they'll also be linked to that employer for invoicing later on (sneaky feature preview there).
When you reschedule or cancel a class date, you can now send a notification to the employer letting them know. We've also added a handy 'send schedule' button which sends your employer a list of all the class dates you have planned on your schedule.
28th July 2020
Virtual locations for sessions, classes and consultations
This is our biggest update in a while. The world has changed a lot in the last few months so we've made adjustments of our own across the system to help you serve clients both now and into the future.
You can now work seamlessly across multiple location types (physical and virtual):
- New support for Zoom, Google Meet, Skype Groups and WhatsApp Groups.
- A new video call option added as a backup selection if you do FaceTime or Duo calls.
- Add virtual meeting details when you setup a new booking, class or consultation.
- Links (and passwords) for repeat meetings and groups are included in all client confirmations, reminders, and in each client's portal, so you can set them up once and then forget about them.
- Newly planned sessions and class dates will use their parent booking/class location by default, which you can change at any time.
- Easily switch individual events between locations as needed without changing the parent booking/class.
- Change the location details for all future booking sessions or class dates with a single click.
- Virtual locations will now be included in your existing location report.
Some other improvements of note
- The starter plan now lets you train up to 3 active clients at the same time (it used to be 2).
- You can now create new events directly from the dashboard. No need to go to the schedule first.
- The new booking and new class screens have been given a makeover to bring them into line with the new location options.
- We've adopted a more intelligent approach to client price suggestions when creating a group booking
- When repeating an event on your schedule, we now show you the date of the last entry that will be created, which is both useful and satisfying in equal measure!
Naturally we bundled in a few bug fixes too
- The profit report could sometimes calculate your margin to 10 decimal places. We're all for accuracy but that was excessive!
- When rescheduling a consultation, the client details from the original were not always being copied across automatically.
- A weird bug that meant editing a booking could cause all its sessions to temporarily turn red and become unclickable.
- Occasionally your task list would not allow itself to be reordered, which was very frustrating!
- Some past consultations couldn't be dismissed from your follow-up list, meaning you could never remove the task from your dashboard.
30th June 2020
Booking details and service agreements
This is the second client portal update, bringing your clients the ability to:
- View a copy of their current service agreement.
- See the details of their active bookings.
- Update the details of their nominated emergency contact.
19th June 2020
Client session schedules and payment history
This is the first update focussed on the new client portal, bringing clients the ability to:
- See their own schedule of upcoming sessions.
- See a record of their previous booking payments.
- Update their contact details.
4th June 2020
Branded client sign-up and document management
Following on from stage one below, we have now released our completely updated client sign-up, PAR-Q and service agreement system. So what does that mean?
- Choose whether you want a new client to sign your service agreement during initial sign up, or whether you'd prefer to review their goals and PAR-Q answers first.
- Send existing clients a request to submit a new PAR-Q or sign a new service agreement remotely.
- Use our brand new device sharing system which allows you to complete new client sign-ups and PAR-Q/agreement updates in person on your computer, tablet or phone.
- Change the design of the remote or handover systems to match your own brand and colours.
We've also added a signature strip to the new agreement signing system
14th May 2020
Remote sign-up clients and portal invites
Hurrah! A long-awaited feature that's become even more necessary since lockdown began. We've launched the first stage of our remote client sign-up system. This first release lets you:
- Send an invite email to your new clients
- Let's them enter their key details directly into your portal
- Provides you with a neat listing of new sign ups to review
- Allows you to request clients to setup password to access your private client area
The next release is coming very soon and will add PAR-Q and agreement steps to make this system fully featured and ready to make remote training a much more seamless experience in these crazy times!
We've also squashed a bug that was stopping you from changing your account email address. So if that is something you've been trying to do recently, please try again and we're sorry. Very sorry!
24th April 2020
Activate your client portal
We're currently building our new client portal feature. This will allow your clients to manage their training information remotely and in their own time.
Our first release lets you activate your portal, adjust how it looks, and choose whether to include your upcoming class listing for people to see. Watch this space for future releases bringing more features designed to help you save time and keep your business organised!
7th April 2020
Session rent report
Do you report your PT time to a gym manager in order to pay rent? If so then this update should save you time.
Simply select the date range you want (or choose from one of our presets) and InGym will give you a breakdown of your activity across all your training locations. Use this report in a couple of ways:
- Instantly calculate the figures you need to provide each week/month
- Check invoices you receive are correct before you pay them
This is a feature we were working on before the Coronavirus lockdown started. We've decided to release it anyway as it may help if you are checking your existing rent bills, or dealing with session cancellations due to gyms being closed.
6th April 2020
This is the release of our first classes feature. It's been designed for those of you who get paid teach at a gym or sports club.
It's the first stage of our class support, helping you plan dates into your schedule and track income as you teach. We call these Studio classes, which means any class where you're paid a fee to teach, and you're not in charge of client enrolment or payment.
This is a feature we were working on before the Coronavirus lockdown started. We've decided to release it anyway, as it forms the foundation of some bigger updates we have planned for the future.
21st January 2020
Updated cancellation system
Today we released some improvements to the process of cancelling upcoming events. It's been refined to be easier to use, and also works much better on mobile (which is where you need it most!)
14th January 2020
Referral system launched
Our new referral system allows you to earn free Growth and Pro months by telling your friends and colleagues about InGym.