Alternatives to GymCatch – comparing Striive to GymCatch fitness booking software
Are you in the market for the best software management solution to book people onto your fitness business? Striive gives you detailed calendar views, accurate payment information (even if you take cash) and you don’t even need to enable Stripe. Striive has a list of valuable functions you and your members will love. Get full access to them all at every user level.
Compare Striive to GymCatch for your fitness business
Striive vs GymCatch for your business accounts
GymCatch supports offline payments, but you can’t get specific like you can with Striive. The only option you have is labelling it “external/other”.
Striive supports online and offline client payments, and records them accurately in your P&L data. For offline payments, you can select the payment method (cash, card, bank transfer) so your financial reporting is complete.
With GymCatch, you can’t display packages or class passes on your client portal unless you enable Stripe.
With Striive you have the freedom to show whatever packages and passes you would like in your client area – yes, even if you only take cash. We understand you still want people to be aware of your pricing!
Striive vs GymCatch for your fitness clients
On GymCatch you can’t add a package to a client’s information, you can only book them onto a class.
With Striive you can add class passes and session packages to any client, to be paid on a schedule set by you, by the method your client is most comfortable with.
With GymCatch you can see the number of bookings a client has made and how many they have coming up.
With Striive you can see upcoming and past bookings, attendance rate, paid-for time that’s not yet scheduled, scheduled time that isn’t yet delivered, outstanding amounts, client lifetime value and when they last accessed their client area. Phew!
Striive vs GymCatch for your business admin
GymCatch asks you to add a physical address for every class and session (you can’t use the name of a studio in your gym, for example).
With Striive you can set absolutely anywhere as your class location, great if you have named areas in the gym or if you offer sunrise yoga on the local beach!
GymCatch’s calendar function is limited to a dot that tells you an event is booked, but nothing more about it (not what it is, which instructor is taking it etc).
Striive’s calendar gives detailed information – class or PT name and location, and even how many sessions participants have already used if they’re on a package.
How does Striive’s pricing compare to GymCatch?
We believe in giving customers everything they need up front, no hidden costs and no upsell. So with Striive, you get it all – full access to every feature, starting at £19/pcm (our lowest tier). With GymCatch you pay £10 for the basic business plan, but then need to pay £2+VAT for various bolt ons including memberships, auto-refunds, and embedded web app. If you wanted all of GymCatch’s add-ons, you’d end up paying £22/cm.
Striive starts at £19 per month - just £9 more than GymCatch’s entry point price. And with Striive you get full access to all features no matter which tier you’re on.
How easy is it to move over to Striive?
Whether you’re looking for your first fitness business software, or want to make the switch from GymCatch to Striive, it really couldn’t be easier.
First up, there’s that free trial which gives full access to all Striive features. If you want to talk to a human, one of our team will walk you through it on a call. Yes, we’re a tech company, no we don’t use robots! We’ll even set your account up for you if that’s easier.
Striive vs GymCatch at a glance
- Striive supports and records all offline payments accurately (cash, card, bank transfer).
- GymCatch only allows you to label offline payments as “external/other”.
- GymCatch only shows packages or class passes on your client portal if you enable Stripe.
- Striive lets you show all packages and passes in your client area regardless of how you take payment. And you can add class passes and session packages to any client, to be paid on a schedule set by you, by the method your client is most comfortable with.
- GymCatch shows the number of bookings a client has made and how many they have coming up.
- Striive shows upcoming and past bookings, attendance rate, paid-for time not yet scheduled, scheduled time not yet delivered, outstanding amounts, client lifetime value and when they last logged in.
- GymCatch needs a physical address for every class and session.
- Striive allows you to use custom or bespoke location names.
- GymCatch’s calendar blocks out busy events but doesn’t tell you who, what, or where.
- Striive’s calendar shows class or PT name and location, and how many sessions clients have already used.